Our IDEXX Laboratory equipment is able to perform numerous test including, but not limited to:
● Complete Blood Count-(red blood cells,white blood cells and platelets) most cost
effective option for routine pre-anesthetic procedures or preventive care screening, as
well as diagnosing certain diseases. Excessive white blood cells count might indicate
infection or inflammation, where over abundance of lack of platelets may indicate a type
of clotting disorder.
● Blood Chemistry-Measures a variety of chemicals and enzymes in the blood to provide
information about the status of organ health and function, especially of the liver, kidneys
and pancreas. Blood chemistry also shows the patient’s blood sugar levels, as well as
important electrolytes including: calcium, potassium, sodium and phosphorus.
● SDMA-Is a sensitive indicator of kidney function as little 25% loss of function. While the
Blood Chemistry can help diagnose kidney diseases at 75% function loss, SDMA is an
early preventative test.
● Total T4 Testing-Accurately diagnose and monitor thyroid diseases, a common condition
in both dogs and cats.
*Hyperthyroidism (excessive production of active thyroid hormone) is the most common
hormonal disorder in cats
*Hypothyroidism (inappropriately low production of active thyroid hormone) is far more
common in dogs
● IDEXX also offers other diagnostic and titer testing that can be sent off and results back
in as little as a week.